Youth As Resources (YAR)
Youth as Resources is a youth development program that gives money (small grants) to youth groups to operate volunteer projects in their community.
What we do:
- YAR challenges youth to identify community needs and design projects that use their skills, creativity and energy to help others in the community.
- YAR awards grants to youth volunteer groups for youth-led service projects. Grant workshops are conducted before each grant deadline to advise youth on how to apply.
- YAR is guided by action boards in each county. Youth and adult board members work in partnership to make all funding decisions.
YAR is a program of United Way of Central Indiana which serves Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Marion and Morgan counties.
Our mission is:
- To draw on the skills, ideas and energy of youth to improve communities through youth-led service projects;
- To promote learning through youth service, leadership and civic participation;
- To encourage youth to develop a sense of ownership in the community of central Indiana;
- To change society's view of youth from a source of problems to a source of solutions.
Register your project with Global Youth Service Day!
Youth as Resources is partnering with Youth Service America to honor youth who are serving our communities. Please register your YAR project at www.gysd.org.
Celebrate Global Youth Service Day, April 11-13, 2014.
Stay connected. Stay informed.
Sign up for By the Way, our e-newsletter!
YAR on Facebook!