February 13, 2020
Random acts of kindness are what make the world go round. The more we opt in to helping one another, the more we end up helping the world in return.
February 17-21, 2020 is Random Acts of Kindness Week. This week, strive to help others by simply being kind. Not sure where to start? Here are 5 ideas to get you going:
(1) Sign up to volunteer. There’s no volunteer opportunity that’s too big or too small. Often times, people just need a little help to grow – so why not be that helping hand? Maybe it’s helping out at a shelter or food pantry, maybe it’s tutoring a kid in our ReadUP program. No matter what activity you do, there is a wonderful community benefiting from someone like you.
(2) Clean out your house and make a donation to your local charity. Spring is just around the corner, and they don’t call it “spring cleaning” for nothing. If you find something you don’t use or need anymore, chances are someone else will. Gathering up those items and taking them to an organization near you could help lift weight off someone’s shoulder.
(3) Do a favor for a stranger! Kindness doesn’t come with a price, let alone a ranking order. Be good to everyone. Whether you hold the door open for someone with their hands full or simply flash a smile at someone in the grocery store – your kindness directed towards them could easily make their day just a little brighter.
(4) Make a donation. In every community, we’re working hard to be the difference maker, but we can’t do it without you. Big or small, your generosity and kindness in the form of a donation helps friends, families, and neighbors throughout our community live their best lives.
(5) Buy a good, give a good. Not everyone has access to healthy food. Many depend on local food shelters to provide them warm meals. So next time you’re at the grocery store pick up something a little extra to drop off at your local food pantry.
These simple acts of kindness can help us change tomorrow. Today.
Share your Random Act of Kindness on social media and don’t forget to tag us and use the hashtag #RAKWEEK and #RandomActsOfKindnessWeek.